Haa Summer Festival
The 2nd Haa Summer Festival will be celebrated on the 9th – 10th July 2012.It offers a lively and uplifting combination of traditional living culture, nomadic lifestyle, demonstration of Bhutanese cuisines, processing of local Ara (drink), traditional sports, religious performance, dances, songs, artifacts, and natural alpine flowers.
You can also stay the night at one of the many farm houses and enjoy the hospitality of the local people.
The other highlights of the Festival are Photography Competition and Mountain Bike Race
- Race day – 9th July 2012.
- Registration form available at Yangphel Adventure Sports
- Briefing for the participants will be announced at the later date.
- 1 passport size photograph,ID card, Student ID(if you are a student) to be submitted during registrations.
- Bonus points will be given to Women,Junior and Veteran participants.
- The race will begin from Chunzom at 8:30 am (flag off), participants will be picked in Thimphu (transportation to carry the participants and cycle will be provided).
- Registrations fee of Nu.500 and Nu.100 for the students (should submit the students ID during registrations).
- 6 water sheds in the entire route and repair center available. Energy drinks, pastries, fruits and water will be available at the water sheds.
- Tubes, mechanics and patches will be available. However, if there is major technical problem you will have to discontinue the race.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Back up car will be provided to those who will not be able to complete the race in the stipulated time.
- Transportation will be provided to reach the participants back to Thimphu on the same day but if one wishes to stay back personal arrangements has to be made.